Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Picture This: Art Experiences: Celebrate Me! Self Portraits




Art Experiences:


Celebrate Me!   Self Portraits  (Ages 3-10)

“We’ll share the book “I Ain’t Gonna Paint No More” then create our own colorful self-portraits!”

Read: I Ain’t Gonna Paint No More! by Karen Beaumont

 Action Rhyme:  I Paint My Fingers
I paint my fingers
I paint my toes
I paint my elbows
I paint my nose
I paint my body all over the place
Then I paint a smile across my face!



Read: Elephants Can Paint Too by Katya Arnold (599.67 ARN)

Action Rhyme:  As I Was Going out one Day

As I was going out one day (step high, arms pumping)
My head fell off and rolled away (point to head, roll arms over one another)
But when I saw that it was gone, (shade eyes)
I picked it up and put it on (mime this)
And when I went into the street (step high, arms pumping)
A fellow cried, “Look at your feet!” (point to feet)
I looked at them and sadly said, (shade eyes)
 I’ve left them both asleep in bed!” (shake head sadly)

Make full-size self portraits (materials: craft paper (or bulletin board paper) pre-cut in 3 ½, 4,and 5 foot lengths, markers, scissors, gluesticks, pompoms, feathers, scrap paper, etc.)

Music playing while artists working : Tom Chapin “Some Assembly Required”

Call Me Gorgeous -- Giles and Alexandra Milton
Additional resources:: Miawber – Lithgow, Handprint Circles  Usborne Art Treasury J750.11 DIC p/92-95, for older kids: Here’s Looking at Me: How Artists See Themselves – Raczka  (recommended by Judy Freeman additional ideas p.44 Winners 2006)

4.08

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...